The Event Coordinator (i.e., EC aka Mike Lam) will determine the mission type and assigned the types of aircraft to be used to the players.
1. The theater campaigns will follow a rotation in the order of: 1941 Western Europe, 1942 North Africa, 1943 Eastern Front & 1944 Pacific
2. Players will draw cards to determine side they will be on.
a. This should reduce the better players from being on the same side too often.
b. GM may rearrange the teams if the random assignment has all of the experienced players are one side vs. the newer players.
c. The GM will then pass out the type and quantity of aircraft to be used.
3. Some plane type substitutions may be granted by the EC based on player preference if it does not unbalance the mission.
a. Example: F6F for the F4U-1
4. Players create a new pilot/wingman team/per air service/fighter type only if he has no remaining 0-kill pilots OF THAT PLANE TYPE at the start of the Expo.
a. Once created, no further new pilots for that TYPE are to be created until the current pilots are KIA, WIA, MIA or POW’ed.
For every equivalent of 5 kills achieved, the player rolls a d6 die to determine the ability AFTER the completion of the mission in which the 5th kill was made. See Ace Determination tables. A wingman who downs an enemy plane is credited with the kill & not his leader. No sharing of kills between players’ leaders & wingmen.
|3||DAMAGE +1||DAMAGE +1|
|4||HORSEPOWER +1||DAMAGE +1|
|5||PERFORMANCE +1||TIGHT TURN/MANEUVER|
|6||TIGHT TURN/MANEUVER||TIGHT TURN/MANEUVER|
If a pilot rolls a previous ability, that pilot is awarded the following ability based on the type of plane flown:
1. Barrel Roll – Change any card into a Barrel Roll once per mission: Hurricanes, La-5FN, P-38J, Fw-190A & N1K1
2. Defensive Scissors – May change any card into a scissors while on defense once per turn: Agile Planes (MC.202, Ki-84, A6M)
3. Full Throttle - Change any card into a Full Throttle once per mission: F6F & F4U
4. Tight Turn - Change any card into a Tight Turn once per mission: Spitfires, Bf-109F/G, Yaks & P-51s
5. Vertical Roll, Descend – Change any card into Vertical Roll To Descend once per game: P-47 Leader Only
Any further repeated matched ability after the first match, results in no new ability.
Two special abilities are awarded when a certain criteria is met.
1. Bomber Killer (BK) – When a pilot personality shoots down 5 bombers, he adds +1 to the damage done per attack. Additional +1s are awarded per every 5th bomber shot down. Note: this is for mission flown in the non-aces competition.
2. Veteran (V) – When a pilot personality survives a certain number of mission WITHOUT earning an ace ability, he may change one card/per mission either into a Tight Turn or Barrel Roll. This ability (V) is lost when a pilot achieves an ace ability
A. Bf-109F and Spitfire Mk. V - 10 missions
B. Bf-109G, La-5FN and Ki-84-1a - 9 missions
C. Bf-109E, Hurricane-IIB, P-38J, F6F and F4U-1 - 8 missions
D. Bf-110C - 7 missions
E. MC.202 and P-40C - 6 missions
SPECIAL AIRCRAFT RULES:
A. Hurricane-IIB - Leaders' PERFORMANCE rating on the undamaged front side is decreased to '5' for this competition. The damaged side remains at '4'.
A. There will be no trading of pilots between players in any theater/campaigns